About Me

My photo
Delhi, NewDelhi, India
I am currently pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Delhi. I started blogging so that people don't face much of a hassle in finding solutions to problems that I've already faced and sorted out. Problems could be either hardware or software. Of late, it's becoming a hobby, especially after I received an e-mail from an anonymous reader from Germany who found one of my blog entries very useful.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Make Safari open new windows in tabs

Here's a small workaround to make safari open new links in tabs. Just copy-paste the following command in terminal. Restart the browser and there you go.




defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool true



Note that this trick is for Safari 4 and below versions. In Safari 5, there's an 
option in the preferences window which allows one to change the setting such 
that new pages always open in new tabs. A screenshot is attached.


I know I haven't been writing enough. I promise to share my views and post my latest tweaks more frequently. I guess even small posts aren't that bad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment